Wednesday 14 March 2012

..Pretensions..


I am all alone in this abandoned room
Without any person who can watch my doom
Surrounded by these scattered ravages of dawn
Without a friend to say keep holding on

But now I can pretend that someone’s beside me
To fill the emptiness that no one can see
That someone’s putting its arms around me
And makes me feel the warmth that I want it to be

And I know I am only just pretending
Knowing that it is not really happening
I guess I’m not really worthy to be happy
Perhaps I’ll stay here in this room of misery

But I think it’s not time to say no more!
Maybe there’s someone who will like me and adore
Oh God! Please guide me to your admirations
And keep away these outrageous pretensions


by : Rino Caramonte
     I wrote this last year because it is an assignment in our Literature and just reminiscing the thought of the poem makes me laugh because I've just realize how dumb I was when I presented it in front of our class XP

No comments:

Post a Comment